Welcome to the physical therapy educator and faculty page, where we provide physical therapy (PT) and physical therapist assistant (PTA) faculty and program directors with information relevant to their curriculum, as well as information about potential foreign-educated physical therapists and physical therapist assistants (FEPT) who are searching for professional education courses.
Supporting PT/PTA educators is a part of our mission
By providing the Educational Credentials Review and PTA-EER for FEPTs, FCCPT can help educators, both foreign and domestic, to close the educational gap between foreign PT and PTA programs and CAPTE standard of PT and PTA education in the U.S.
FCCPT Mission and Vision
How FCCPT provides support to educators
Evaluations measure equivalency to the highest PT/PTA educational standard:
- To ensure accuracy and fairness, FCCPT uses the Coursework Evaluation Tool (CWT), which has been validated against the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) criteria for PT education. The tool shows content validation against the CAPTE evaluation criteria, which is required of all entry level PT and PTA educational programs. The current, and highest standard, is the CWT – 5.
- FCCPT supports educators and faculty by summarizing the common PT and PTA academic deficiencies for FEPTs, which can be leveraged by faculty to prepare course curriculum for continuing or supplemental courses for FEPTs. You can find a summary of common evaluation findings for various foreign countries in our Country Connections.
Providing course references to applicants who need to supplement educational gaps:
- FCCPT offers Planned Learning and Assistance Network (PLAN) services to applicants who do not meet the CAPTE standard of PT/PTA education. FCCPT will review courses offered by foreign and domestic educational institutions to ensure that the course content will satisfy any educational requirements not included in an applicant's PT education.
- Note: FCCPT does not design PT/PTA courses or curricula.
Go to Frequently Asked Questions.
- FCCPT Faculty Newsletter: Get news and information about issues related to the credentialing of foreign graduates.
- FEPT Issues and Forum: Read relevant articles about the key issues that affect foreign educated physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.