Pre-Service PLAN (PS-PLAN) offers preliminary guidance from a PLAN advisor before applying for a Comprehensive Credentials Review (Type 1 Review), Educational Credentials Review, or Physical Therapist Assistant Educational Equivalency Review (PTA-EER).
Before considering PS-PLAN, you should go through the appropriate CWT and identify any possible academic deficiencies. The PLAN Advisors will not do this for you as part of the PS-PLAN service.
Who should apply for PS-PLAN?
- If you have not had a credentials evaluation with FCCPT or another agency, but know you have specific academic deficiencies and need assistance finding courses to complete the academic requirements.
- If you have identified content areas that you know were not in your PT school’s curriculum, a PLAN advisor will identify courses that will cover those deficiencies.
- If you want to verify if a specific course or courses, or college/university program that you have found will meet USCIS or jurisdiction criteria for academic equivalency.
Important: You should not apply for PS-PLAN if:
- You have a completed evaluation report from FCCPT. Please refer to PLAN-Full or PLAN-Incremental if you need interpretation of your report and assistance in meeting any academic requirements identified on your evaluation report.
What does PS-PLAN include?
- Suggested Course Options: PLAN advisors will provide a list of approved U.S. academic institutions that offer courses for specified subject area(s) identified at your request for information about content deficiencies; and/or
- Answers to Specific Course Inquiries: PLAN advisors will provide answers to questions about courses that you have found to meet academic requirements before you enroll in the courses; and/or
- Research on Academic Institutions: PLAN advisors will determine whether an academic institution is recognized as a post-secondary degree granting institution.
- PS-PLAN Report: Upon completion, a PLAN advisor will provide detailed information and/or suggestions in a PS-PLAN report, based on your specific inquiry and requirements of most current Coursework Evaluation Tool (CWT).
- Note: If you apply for PS-PLAN service, it is your responsibility to review the CWT and compare these criteria to your PT school’s curriculum to identify missing content requirements.
- If the CWT changes after delivery of the PS-PLAN report, the findings of the PS-PLAN report may no longer be applicable.
What PS-PLAN does not include:
- PS-PLAN does not include a Health Care Worker Certification.
- PS-PLAN does not include a credentials evaluation.
- If you need an evaluation of your educational credentials and a detailed evaluation report from FCCPT, or would like to apply for a license to practice in a U.S. jurisdiction, please refer to the Educational Credentials Review service.
- Note: The Educational Credentials Review is also included in the Type 1 Review, used for immigration purposes.
- PS-PLAN does not include pre-approval of coursework. Only PLAN-Full provides pre-approval for coursework.
Do's and Don'ts for Pre-Service PLAN: