The Educational Credentials Review is an evaluation that determines if your education is substantially equivalent to the first professional degree in physical therapy in the United States. The evaluation is completed on the Coursework Evaluation Tool (CWT) that is required by the recipient selected to receive a copy of the evaluation.
To ensure accuracy and fairness, FCCPT uses the Coursework Evaluation Tool (CWT), which has been validated against the CAPTE criteria for PT education.
Educational Credentials Review Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in physical therapy.
- A license/registration to practice physical therapy in your country of education is not required for this service, however if a license/registration verification is received it will be included in your evaluation.
Before you apply - read the following important information
- Submitting Documents
- Foreign Language Documents
- Review the Application Fee Schedule, and be prepared to make payment at time of application.
- You must select an Included Report within 30 days of application if you wish to have one additional report sent to a jurisdiction or other recipient free of charge. If no recipient is selected at the time of application (“None at This Time”), you can notify FCCPT of a recipient for the Included Report, at no additional cost by submitting the Included Report Request Form, for up to 30 days following the receipt of the application.
- If you request a report recipient AFTER 30 days from the receipt of the application, you will have to apply for a Duplicate Report and pay the associated fee.
- If you did not select a recipient for the Included Report, FCCPT will complete your evaluation on the most current Coursework Evaluation Tool (CWT). You will need to apply for a CWT Version Update if you choose later to have an evaluation sent to a state that accepts the tool based on your year of graduation.
Document Submission Guidelines:
Obtaining Documents From Schools
- Send to all appropriate institutions.
- Request for Academic Credentials Verification (page one to be filled out by applicant, page two to be completed by registrar or principal of academic institution)
- School sends transcript, transcript of hours, mark sheets, certificate of clinical hours and experiences and syllabus with the form.
Document Submission By Applicant
- Educational Credentials Review Attestation form mailed to FCCPT.
- Notarized copies of your physical therapy education diploma(s), degree(s), or certificate(s) to be mailed to FCCPT.
- Note: FCCPT will accept attested copies of diplomas, degrees, and/or certificates from the issuing institution, if attested by the school registrar.
- Download all required forms.