The Physical Therapist Assistant Educational Equivalency Review (PTA-EER) is an evaluation that determines if your education is substantially equivalent to a physical therapist assistant degree in the United States.
Important: Some jurisdictions do not accept evaluations using the PTA Coursework Evaluation Tool. Prior to applying for the PTA-EER, be sure to contact the jurisdiction(s) where you are seeking PTA licensure to ensure that they will accept the PTA-EER evaluation report.
- Must have an Associate’s degree or higher in physical therapist assistant or in physical therapy.
- Must contact the jurisdiction to ensure FCCPT's PTA-EER evaluation is accepted.
Before you apply - read the following important information
- Submitting Documents
- Foreign Language Documents
- Review the Application Fee Schedule, and be prepared to make payment at time of application.
- You must select an Included Report within 30 days of application if you wish to have one additional report sent to a jurisdiction or other recipient free of charge. If no recipient is selected at the time of application (“None at This Time”), you can notify FCCPT of a recipient for the Included Report, at no additional cost by submitting the Included Report Request Form, for up to 30 days following the receipt of the application.
- If you request a report recipient AFTER 30 days from the receipt of the application, you will have to apply for a Duplicate Report and pay the associated fee.
- If you did not select a recipient for the Included Report, FCCPT will complete your evaluation on the most current PTA Coursework Evaluation Tool. You will need to apply for a CWT Version Update if you choose later to have an evaluation sent to a state that accepts the tool based on your year of graduation.
Document Submission Guidelines:
Obtaining Documents From Schools
- Send to all appropriate institutions.
- Request for PTA Academic Credentials Verification (page one to be filled out by applicant, page two to be completed by registrar or principal of academic institution)
- School sends transcript, transcript of hours, mark sheets, certificate of clinical hours and experiences and syllabus with the form.
Document Submission By Applicant
- PTA EER Attestation form mailed to FCCPT.
- Notarized copies of your physical therapy education diploma(s), degree(s), or certificate(s) to be mailed to FCCPT.
- Note: FCCPT will accept attested copies of diplomas, degrees, and/or certificates from the issuing institution, if attested by the school registrar.
- Download all required forms.