The Type 1 Review for Licensure is an evaluation that determines if your education is substantially equivalent to the first professional degree in physical therapy in the United States, verification of licensure/registration, and verification of TOEFL for the following jurisdictions that require this service:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Washington, DC
- Note: Jurisdiction requirements may change; therefore, you should verify jurisdiction requirements at the time of application.
Type 1 for Licensure Requirements
To apply for the Type 1 Review for Licensure service you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in physical therapy.
- Must be eligible to practice physical therapy in the country of education where the first professional degree was obtained.
- Must pass the TOEFL or qualify for the TOEFL exemption.
Before you apply - read the following important information
Document Submission Guidelines:
Obtaining Documents From Schools/Licensure Authorities
- Send to all appropriate institutions and licensure/registration authorities.
Document Submission By Applicant
- Type 1 for Licensure Only form emailed to FCCPT.
- Type 1 Attestation form mailed to FCCPT.
- Notarized copies of your physical therapy education diploma(s), degree(s), or certificate(s) to mailed to FCCPT.
- Note: FCCPT will accept attested copies of diplomas, degrees, and/or certificates from the issuing institution, if attested by the school registrar.
- Download all required forms.
Document Submission By Examination Services