All documents should be submitted to the following address:
Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy 124 West Street South, 3rd Floor Alexandria, Virginia 22314-2825
Note: All documents submitted to FCCPT become the property of FCCPT and will not be returned to the applicant or their institutions.
Applicants should submit the following documents to FCCPT after applying for a service:
- Your Notarized Attestation form for the selected service. Note: Notarized Attestation forms should not be sent to an academic institution to be forwarded with academic documents. Attestation documents must be received from you (the applicant) directly, not any other source.
- PT evaluations, PTA evaluations, and New York Credentials Verification each require a different Attestation form. You can download the appropriate form from the File Library.
- Notarized copy of the PT diploma. Note: FCCPT will accept an Attested Copy of a PT Diploma from the issuing institution if you (the applicant) do not have one in your possession.
- Optional: Notarized Release of Information form, if you would like to allow an authorized representative to communicate with FCCPT on your behalf.
Applicants may also be asked to provide the following forms, which can be submitted via Email:
Academic institutions should submit the following official documents upon request:
- Official Transcripts, or combination of Transcript of Hours and Marksheet or Statement of Marks,
- Certificates of Clinical Experiences & Hours, and
- Detailed Course Descriptions or Syllabi
- If you were educated in one of the countries listed, you also need to arrange for the school to send all of your secondary education transcripts. If your secondary education culminated in an external exam, the exam results must be sent directly to FCCPT from the examination body and NOT the secondary education school. Documents are required in order to determine if credit can be awarded.
Note: FCCPT will accept an Attested Copy of a PT Diploma from the issuing institution if you (the applicant) do not have one in your possession.
Licensing authorities should submit the following official documents upon request:
Additional information regarding documents received from institutions:
Please review Instructions for Application for information on requesting documents from academic institutions and licensing authorities, as the document request process varies, specifically for New York Credentials Verification.
FCCPT may request additional documentation from educational institutions and/or licensing authorities when necessary.
Important: To avoid delays in service:
Review Foreign Language Documents for FCCPT policy on documents received in the native language (other than English)
- When a courier service, such as FedEx, DHL, etc., is used, the representative from the institution must place the sealed documents in the courier package and give to the courier for delivery.
- Do not arrange for third parties to pick up documents from the issuing institution in an effort to expedite their delivery to FCCPT. FCCPT cannot verify the authenticity of the documents if they are not sent directly from the issuing institution.
- If there is any question of document mishandling, FCCPT will verify the document's authenticity. This will delay the start of the evaluation process significantly.
Submission of Electronic Transcripts from U.S. Institutions:
FCCPT will accept electronic transcripts from U.S. institutions only. They can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: FCCPT will not accept electronic submission of documents from foreign institutions.
Submitting Exam Scores:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Score Reports
- For instructions on sending your official TOEFL scores to FCCPT, please visit the ETS website.
- FCCPT's Institution Code is 8164, and the department is Undergraduate.
- Please review TOEFL Requirements for score requirements and exemptions
National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) Score Transfer
- For NPTE score transfers to FCCPT, on the “Select Product(s)” step, select NA – FCCPT as Jurisdiction Receiving Transfer.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Score Reports
- If you have taken and passed one or more CLEP exams, you need to have your scores reported to FCCPT if you want to receive the credits on your evaluation or re-evaluation. Find instructions on sending your score reports at the CLEP website.
- FCCPT's institution code is 1364 when indicating the agency that you want to receive your CLEP scores.